Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can someone tell me what exactly happened to Santana D?

I just heard that he has passed away. How? He was a brother to me in the Yahoo boxing fraternity, and i respected him so much. I am at a lost for words right now. I had spoken to him via email a few weeks ago and we were talking about the Chicago boxing scene, and now i hear that he's gone. Someone please fill me in on what happened, Thanks. RIP Santana D.|||Say it aint so Pancho, this is the first time i have put my computer on for a week or so and if this is true i am absolutely devastated, if it has happened then i would hazard a guess that he has lost his ongoing battle against cancer, i like you would be interested to know the ins and outs of what happened as i too classed him as a friend even though i had never met him, im just hoping that it isnt true and somebody has jumped to the wrong conclusion or something.|||Smitty put a message on my page informing me....Four days before he passed he was asking after my well being and my children. even though he was so sick himself....im gutted even though i didn't know him as well as some of the people who have answered this Q/Request....A Gentleman has passed....








RIP Santana...Sorely missed|||That's so touching. What a lovely thought. I never knew Santana D but, judging by his profile and all your comments, he was a great guy and a credit to this site. x|||I could talk on and on about him and his good qualities. But I could never tell you anything you don't already know. Anyone who ever met him or communicated with him knew what a nice genuine guy he was. I can only guess cancer was the culprit. I talked to him not long ago, and he made no comment on his condition. All I can say though if it even means a thing, is he didn't make his sickness an issue. I can only presume that is because he wanted to be himself and not a "cancer victim" you know? With that established, he wouldn't want us to be sad, even though the feeling is unavoidable. He is truely in a better place than you or I are in for now. Maybe we'll all BS with him when the day comes.|||he lost his battle with cancer...well respected here as Im sure in his outside life...he will be greatly missed...condolences to friends and family|||There are only a handfull of folks on this site who actucally know the sport.Santana was one of them, may God accept his soul and we all know he is in a better place. After all this "fight" here is to take us to the ring upstais. God bless the fine man he is/rwas.|||Several months ago I had noticed that he hadn't been on yahoo and asked Brent if he had heard from him and he told me that he had a very serious operation which he pulled through valiantly. I heard a little later that he had been battling cancer and taking chemo treatments. Santana was a great guy and I will miss him personally very much!|||HE HAS PASSED ON FROM THIS EARTHLY PLANE. THE BIG C DID HIM IN.





P. S. GOGGLE PHILADELPHIA NEWSPAPERS AND THEN SEARCH OBIT AND/OR DEATH NOTICES UNDER SANTANA DELSOL.|||~Pancho


Well Santana emailed me thursday one day before his death and said he was really sick and in the hospital for 6 weeks taking kemo. So cancer im sure. he was such a good freind i will really miss him.


~josh|||Hurts like hell, we all loved him, absolutely irreplaceable, blogbaba is still in shock along with the rest of the fraternity. He was the most intelligent, classy boxing voice on this site and he will be missed. I too have been trying to find out more, thanks for the words, I was at a loss as to how to show my concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment