Saturday, November 19, 2011

How would you compare Carlos Santana and Jimi Hendrix?

I know, Jimi Hendrix was the greatest guitarist ever but Carlos Santana is extremely good too and they both performed at Woodstock and I call Carlos the Mexican Hendrix.|||Personally I don't see compare here. They are on opposite poles of talent. Santana of course has lived many, many years and his style is sooo different than Jimmy...Jimmy was a rocker and made that guitar talk his language. Santana makes it speak his. They are hugely gifted. Too bad we never got to see the potential of Jimmy. He died without moving out of his 20's, just a kid and so many years left to get better. When it domes to talent like these two have and let's not forget there are some others out there that are great....can't compare them in my mind. It's like comparing beauty or art....there are so many beautiful things that we have to include and not exclude. :)|||Both are great. If you want to compare the two, checkout http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/jimi-hendrix/. the site has rare audio from both. You can be the judge.

Report Abuse


|||You can't really compare them as their style is so different.


When I listen to Jimi, it makes me want to rock out and makes me realllllllly wish I could of seen him live.


When I listen to Santana, I like to be in my room alone with my headphones on, just thinking about the music... So I guess they both have different vibes and make me feel really different when I listen to them, so thats why you can't compare them.


I think Jimi is the greatest guitarist I've ever heard, not just because of his skill but because of his passion as well. Anyone can be taught an instrument but it takes a pretty special person to make you want to rock out the way Jimi's music does.|||Jimi hands down. Think of all the followers of Jimi. How many people try to emulate hendrix vs santana ? Youtube is filled with bands doing hendrix covers, but rarely santana covers . Here is my favorite youtube video cover of Hendrix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHnM6KQUxTY








Thats what I call music!|||I think Jimi was more about just rocking out and Carlos is more about consiously creating technical masterpieces. Jimi was incredibly talented and playing came very naturally to him. Santana seems more deliberate and calculated. Compare Are You Experienced to Abraxas and you'll see the difference.|||Both are in the Top 10 best guitarists of all time. Each is different, original and innovative. Add Jeff Beck, Duane Allman, Warren Haynes, Nels Cline and Robert Randolph and you have fabulous players with uniquely different styles, but all should be greatly appreciated.|||Well Jimi was the man, but he wasn't the best.





Hendrix did his own style, Santana is spanish style... the two aren't comparable really... completely different techniques.





If anything, Santana has more musical skill, whereas Hendrix had more sheer talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment