Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do you still consider Johan Santana the best pitcher in baseball?

It was just yesterday how everyone was praising Johan. Now with Lincecum, Haren, Greinke, and all these younger guys coming up, seems like people forgot about my boy. There's no doubt that these young guys are great, but if there's a big game and I need someone to go out there for me, give me Johan Santana. What do you think?





BTW, I didn't forget about Roy Halladay..|||No, he is still a very good pitcher, but not the best.|||he is one of the top pitchers but not the best anymore.|||He is definately in the top 5 pitchers this year IMO. Active players' careers he is probably in the top 2.|||Santana is my favorite pitcher in the game today, he is great and is always exciting to watch. And they don't forget about Johan, but I was very mad that he didn't pitch in the All Star game, he probably wouldn't have gave up a run, and it would've costed them the game. But he is amazing, and I personally will never forgot Johan.|||Ya, the media and fans always go with the flavor of the day. Right now, Santana is not pitching great and those other pitchers are pitching better. Once Johan starts pitching like Johan, people will be praising him as the next Jesus Christ. It always works that way.|||I think the three best are Santana, Halladay, and Greinke. I'm not going to put them in order, because they're all dominant, but in different ways. I don't think Santana is the overall best, but he still gives the Phillies one heck of a hard time.|||In my mind he's still the best pitcher in baseball.





He's been more consistent and has done it for a longer time than most of the new young pitchers out here.





Id still build my pitching rotation around Johan Santana before anybody else. Its always good to have a dominant lefty in your rotation|||He is great, but saying he is the best is arguable (did I spell that right.)|||he a great pitcher but not the best,he is one of the best.|||I say he is the best left handed pitcher in baseball. He is very good, but he is in a big time pitcher's ball park this year, the Mets give him no run support, and the Yankees gave him his worst outing of the year raising his ERA by nearly 1 last month.





He could very easily have 14 wins right now if the Mets had any sort of offense when he takes the mound.





So, best lefty in baseball hands down, possibly best pitcher in MLB.|||Halladay = best pitcher of his era. Greinke and Lincecum need to be at the top for a few more years before they can challenge that title!





Santana is the best lefty, but I'd rather have Halladay because he just pitches every game like his life is on the line! He is really driven.|||If someone gave me one pitcher in baseball, and that pitcher was Johan Santana, I certainly wouldn't quibble.|||I think Santana is the best lefty in the MLB.|||yeah definitely.





He's left handed and he's got the best change up... he is still the only pitcher I would take with a first pick in a fantasy pool.|||He is good but Halladay is better|||I am the biggest Phillies Fan EVER......so this is kinda tough to type





I think Johan is the best in the NL I just think he gets very cruddy run support so his winning percetange is not good and wins are not there and Tim"s numbers are there





But i think i have to give it to Halladay|||Everybody is talking about Halladay. "Oh he's been the best for six years now!". Umm...no, Johan has been the best, and still is the best.|||Johan Santana is still the best in my books. He hasn't lost anything yet. Halladay, Lincecum, and some other guys like Hamels, Webb, and Haren could be competition, but Santana outlasts all.

No comments:

Post a Comment