Saturday, November 19, 2011

Johan Santana just proved what a real good pitcher is all about. Who agrees?

Santana came to pitch on 3 days rest %26amp; dominated. Complete game %26amp; a 3 hitter. He reminded me of Pitchers of yasteryear who weren't scared to finish completer game not like most of today's Pitchers who are wimps %26amp; cry after throwing 70 Pitches. Hands off to Johan Santana.|||He pitched incredible today. True Ace material. As of now, he is one of the best pitchers in the NL.|||Oh yes dude, I completely agree! Johan Santana is one of the best and my personal favorite pitcher in the game! I mean look at what the guy does every year, he barely ever gives up 3 runs in his starts and if he does that's all he usually gives up. If he won more games this year he would be up for the NL CY Young award.|||What a beast. Everyone knows Johan is amazing and this year he has been extremely underrated. He was going to lose so many Cy Young votes just because he doesn't have 20 wins and the same strikeouts.


But this one pitching performance will get him so much attention that he will probably finish in the top 4 for Cy Young voting.





Hats off to Johan.|||A true throwback, not to many guys in these days of 100 pitch count limits that can shutdown a team when you need it.


But i think Randy Johnson was the most intimidating pitcher of this era.|||I think he proved that some time ago. Although perhaps Walter Johnson, Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson and Tom Seaver proved it well before Johan.|||He is one of the best


His stats dont looking impressive because of


#1, mets Bullpen sucks


#2 Alot Of Pressure (look at barry zito)|||Refreshing. Reminds me of those classic match ups I was able to enjoy once, when a Seaver woould face a Gibson. Those guys always brought their A game to the event.|||i totally agree but what you said about 70 pitches i don't agree.. pitchers throw 90-120 pitches.. of course if they get hitted too much they're not gonna throw that much|||Yep, I was wrong too. I predicted him to get beat up.





HOPEFULLY, CC Sabathia can do the same thing. He's been pitching on 3-days rest for a few starts now though...|||I agree. Santana really showed his worth today. I think that his outing was a huge pickup for New York and I think they can build on it. |||Johan Santana is clearly one of the best pitchers in the MLB right now.|||You mean hats off right? I thought so. A complete game is pretty much the only way he can get a win with the Mets. |||He pitched great today! I'm glad it was a complete game so the Mets didn't have to turn to their bullpen. |||He did what he had to do when he had to do it most. Great job!!!|||I agree but, Why aren't you in Boston????|||Ya and Tim Lincecum had proved that all season with 17 wins on a crappy team|||I gotta give the guy credit he pitched great when the Mets needed it most.|||True Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment