Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Will the mets and santana come to an agreement before the Friday deadline?

Considering they traded nobody big for him. They have a new stadium opening in 2009, same year as the Yankees. They definately should sign him even if its for 7 years 175 million.|||Thanks :-)


Man what I'd do with 150 million bucks.

Report Abuse


|||I think they will|||Yes I think that they will. I don't see how they can come this far and not get this deal done. It is all in their hands right now though.|||The Mets have no choice. After last years debacle and the coup of getting a trade done without giving up any real talent, they have no choice but to give Santana whatever he wants.|||yep|||they should be able to, specially if they give Santana the money and years he wants. and it looks like there going to do that because they need a lot of pitching help. so don't worry about it.|||of course they will, they aren't gonna let him get away.|||There's no question that they will. The Mets have plenty of money to shell out for Santana and they have millions of fans breathing down their necks from last year's collapse that will be completely heartbroken if this deal doesn't happen.|||I am gonna say NO!|||I'd bet cash money that they do.|||I am sure they will because the Mets want Santana to be their ace for a long time.|||yes and this will be the deal:


JS: i want 150 for 6 years


mets: thats a little bit too high for us


JS: 170 for 6 years


mets: deal!|||No question about it, YES|||If they can't close the deal, Minaya will be run out of town. First September, then this? No way they don't sign him.





I forsee Santana asking for 150-ish over 7 with a signing bonus of about 8 mil. The Mets don't wanna go over 5 years, so they'd go for, let's say, 130 over 5 with a 15 mil bonus to top Zito, but Peter Greenberg (Santana's agent) will want more than 5 years.





Final outcome: 150 mil over 6 years with a signing bonus of 12 million. That raises his 2008 salary (old contract) from 13 mil to 25, with an avg of 25 over the contract. I'd assume the Mets will backload it as a precaution, meaning that his 2009 and 2010 salaries will be less than 25 mil, but 2011-2014 will be more. This is done in case Santana begins to fall apart or gets injured a lot. If this happens, which I hope it doesn't, the Mets would try to get Santana to waive his no-trade clause and trade him, leaving his new team with more of a salary to pay.|||Santana wants the years. That's what ESPN has been reporting that the impass is about. If it doesn't get done, that's great for Twins fans.





I know if I'm Twins GM Bill Smith, I probably have a desk full of hate mail, letters asking for my firing, and people asking to return their season tickets..and I might be praying the deal goes south....but in all honesty, I think sadly it will be done at the last minute.|||I will say yes but if for some reason they don't, I would hate to be the owner of the Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment