Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why wasn't Johan Santana thrown out of the game after he was already warned after trying to hit Sandoval?

Before anyone says anything I don't justify at all what Matt Cain did to David Wright %26amp; i wish Wright a full recovery. But Santana went after another hitter(Molina) after being warned for trying to hit Sandoval. The Umpire made his warning mean nothing by not throwing out Santana after he was already warned.|||Scooter, who really knows what happens with this stuff? I don't think Cain's pitch to David was a purpose pitch, but you really never know.





Like Howie Rose said after wards on WFAN, "Do managers manage differently after something like that happens in a game, and just how long will it be before a Giants' batter goes down?"





The Dodgers %26amp; Giants have been throwing at each other since the 1930s when a player got hit in Ebbets Field.





So, who really knows, Pelfrey could take out someone today.|||I can't comment too much on the game, as I didn't watch it. I will say the replay of Wright getting hit was scary to watch.


I think Santana just went with the thought that so many pitchers have, right or wrong he retaliated to protect his team (as he said).


I do think he should have been removed though, even though many would say it was justified.


I am sure Cain didn't hit Wright intentionally, he's a good guy and he looked depressed by what had happened.


I'm not going to defend Santana, but to say that retaliation is often expected (I know, I know) but he still should have been removed. He did what so many do...right or wrong. (Flashback myself to Dodgers/Brewers game when Fielder got beamed intentionally in retaliation, or as the guys say-"to protect my team-mates"


I hope people understand though that Cain did not beam a guy with a 93 mph fastball on purpose. No way.|||The question has some great answers which I agree with.





Everyone in baseball knows that Santana is going to after at least one Giants hitter, and everyone knows he's not going to throw at the head. I think it's one of those situational things..even Manual new that he was going to pull Santana at that point..maybe the umpires are smart enough to know also.





If Santana is tossed from the game, he faces suspension..the way it went, the suspension is avoided.|||I think the umpire knew what the situation was...first after david wright was hit nobody was warned(as i know of)...because it wasn't intentional...then Santana goes and tries to hit sandoval and then he goes deep...but then when he does hit Molina or whoever Jerry Manuel quickly goes and takes him out. i think that when Wright was hit the Umpire knew that santana was probably going to retaliate by hitting one of them...I think maybe the umpire didn't throw him out because he didn't hit sandoval...but then he hit molina...maybe if he would of hit both he would have been ejected|||Well Cain didn't mean to hit Wright but Johan was trying to deffend his teamate by trying to hit Pablo Sandoval and Benjie Molina, I would've kicked that guy out, but he's still one of my favorite pitchers.|||Sounds like another example of home plate umpires driving me crazy! I think Wright will be okay:). They're just watching him overnight.|||his manager took him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment